Thursday, February 19, 2009

About me!!

Tomorrow is Friday and I am already in a weekend spirit..Yesterday I got my first anonymous comment from Reflections. I was so elated by the knowledge that my blog is being read by strangers...And I feel that this is an excellent time to let you know a little about myself:)

Hmmm...I am wondering if I should tell you all my secrets....Hmmmm...Naahhh...What if my parents or sisters read it ;) I would be grounded for life!!

- I am a Proud Virgo..born on Teacher's Day, Sept 5th... (Do you know: Teacher's Day In india is celebrated on Sept 5th.It is the birthday of the second President of India, academic philosopher Dr. Radhakrishnan.

- I am the third sibling in my family and I am the black sheep of the family for doing notorious stuff. I think I am still a black sheep in my in-laws eyes as well for thinking 'out of the box'.

- I am what I am now because of Google!! I learnt all my cooking via the food blogs...Thanks to all you wonderful people out there..I am never ashamed to let everyone know that I owe it to Google and the blogs!!

- I can sing and dance...Okay dont be shocked!! I really can ....LOL!! But please don't ask me to dance in front of you..

- I have had different ambitions all my life ..... I wanted to be a Cardiologist, a Teacher,Be in the Air force or Navy, a Veterinarian, a scientist, an Acupuncturist, an Interior designer and now a psychologist!!

- I am an engineer by profession but I feel that I am not meant to be here..I feel that I have a completely different role to play in life touching people and making a difference...I want to be a psychologist someday!!

- My hubby is my guinea pig in all the new recipies I concoct! He is my biggest critic and I am his wrost critic ever..He gets pissed off with me for that!!

- I love english music and english movies..I am not so fond of any Indian movies/songs...How unpatriotic right?? Can't help it...

- I am very particular about cleanliness in my house. I would also love to be an interior designer....Arent you tired about about what all I want to become???

- I have always wanted to write a book but felt that I am not eloquent enough to write one.

- I am an extrovert by nature.

- Very passionate about what I believe in.

- I am dying to have a dog in my house but maintenance worries me!! You know..Cleaning crap!!

- I always make it a point to leave the house in a clean state when I go out..You never know who will be with you when you come back home..And I definitely don't want someone to see my house in a dirty state..

- I love waking up every morning to a clean house ;)

- I have to have a huge cup of tea to start my day!!

- I love trying out new cusines unlike my hubby who prefers to stick to a familiar cusine...

- I have 3 nieces and 1 nephew....Hubby's side...8 nephews!!! A handful to manage..

- I am concerned about the population burst!! I worry if we would ever run out of oxygen,food,water, flora and fauna!!

- I am a workaholic in all aspects....I am obsessed about getting into the ideal weight bracket.( I am a little Overweight now...psst)..I don't like to be too thin..I just want to be fit and strong like a horse :D ..IMHO women need a little fat..;) I am upset that Kate Winslet lost all that lovely fat she had!!I used to find her so genunine and happy when she was chubby...:(

Are you bugged up already??? Sorry I can't help it..Grab a cup of coffee before you start dozing off!! I will wait for you to get back :D

- I wish I could do something about keeping India Clean and pollution free..That's a totally different discussion which I will take up in a separate blog.

- I hate people who get rich fast by bribing others...

- I get so infuritated by India's infrastructure and the lax govt that I sometime get into bouts of frustration where I just want to leave this country and enjoy life in a better environment elsewhere.

- My biggest weapon when someone pisses me off.. I become cold and I ignore my enemy like a piece of stone...Trust me, this is the most effective weapon ever!!

- I am dying to learn photography after I get a Canon 400D

- I am quite a voracious reader..

- My nicknames : Panni(pig..Got this name from school), Gym Jinu(Got this name from College)

- I have a driving license but I am terrified of driving...I don't think I would have ever made it as a pilot.. Chuckle....

- I love cooking for my friends and my hubby...

- I love changes in life!!

- I don't feel motherhood is a requirement for me to be a complete woman..This the most controversial discussion I have with my dear ones...I am very happy the way I am.

- I want to travel around the world before I die

I guess that's all about myself!! There is certainly more but I am too tired already :D....
Have a great weekend!!

Friday 2/20/2009

I was reading Nancy's blog and she has said something about herself which is so true about me too...

"I enjoy hanging the washed clothes out on the terrace……I hang them neatly according to color, type & stand there for 2 mins & admire my handiwork after it is done…...all in the burning midday sun. "

I get upset if my hubby hangs out the clothes cos its never perfect ..:)..Once my cousin got annoyed with me for that and bit back saying 'Even I know how to hang clothes'...I allowed her to do it...came back after 10 mins and did the whole thing all over again....hehehe...

I hate keeping a maid at home for the sole reason that I have to do everything perfectly!!

4 comments:

Reflections said...

"I always make it a point to leave the house in a clean state when I go out..You never know who will be with you when you come back home.."

My mom used to say this ALL the time;-o.

"I don't feel motherhood is a requirement for me to be a complete woman.."

So do I:-))!!!!!

hitch writer said...

hi panni !

here is your second anonymous reader !! your on my blog roll !!

hope to catch more...

my blogs :

http://hitchwriter.blogpsot.com &
http://amateurclicker.blogspot.com

cheers and welcome to our blog samaj !

Meera's World said...

nice post:)here my husband makes sure that the house looks clean before we go out of the house,and for me,i think iam going out so let the house be messy:)
my opinion,having a kid,doesnt make a female life full.i feel,if you have a kid,fine,if you dont,fine too.i just dont know why others takes it their business to make sure that every married cpls must have kids..

SSQuo said...

Wow thats a lot of stuff, but there are bunch of things that we have in common. :) Get that dog woman itll be one of the best things you did! Cleaning crap is not a valid excuse. Youll get used to it.