Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Gratitude and Thanks!!

Hubby and I had a major discussion last night about "Thanking your parents"..Ever since I was a kid, my mom has taught me to Thank my Dad (and Mom also) for everything he is doing for me. They have gone through a lot, sacrificed a lot of good things to save money for we three kids...Taught us, supported us and helped us through thick and thin. The least we can do back is let them know that they are being deeply appreciated for this action of theirs.

On the other hand my husband feels that parents and children are one..What a parent does for a child means he is doing it for himself. There is no need for a verbal formal thanks there.

I think in India, parents go out of their way to sacrifice and save up for their children's education,assistance in purchasing a house and supporting them whenever they need help.This holds true in Iran,a lot of African countries,China..Correct me if I am wrong. In such a case, we should be thanking our parents all the time and through out our life..Verbally and through actions as well..

What do you say? Should you thank your parents verbally?

No comments: