Monday, April 5, 2010

Back to work!! New mom struggles.....

I never never thought that going back to work after having a baby would be so tough..Its something that can never be explained in words...The closest association I have, is, having to leave your parents or your home after a vaccation and going back to work.Its just that this is a much more powerful feeling that just doesnt go away...My heart breaks when I leave home in the morning..I just wish I could spend each and every moment with her...Celebrating all her new tricks, marvelling her soft fingers and toes that I can never get enough of.., relishing her smile and her laugh....She is so yummy that I feel like eating her up..LOL!! .....Chuckles.....

Its a feeling that no man can ever comprehend...I would never expect them to understand it either because I myself never understood it before I became a mom! There is no other place I would ever want to be in the world..Just want to be with my child and my amazing husband..Guys and Girls who havent married..Lemme tell you this..The beauty of a marriage and the cosiness of a relationship is truly felt when you have a child..

I would happily give up a high paying job to be with my child.I wish I could but I cant because we need the money..It hurts to realise that these beautiful baby moments are once in a lifetime and will never ever come back..I have no idea how people manage to send their children away to stay in hostels or with grandparents...I know that I wont be able to do that..I am way too mushy and sentimental to do that...

Motherhood and babies are amazing...The best things that God has gifted mankind! The beauty of unconditional love!

I have fallen in love again...head over heels in love with this little helpless baby that I vow to love with all my soul,spirit and body, for the rest of my life!! I thank God for all the blessings he has given me every night now!

3 comments:

wanderlust said...

Welcome to the world of guilty moms!
Seriously, there is no need to feel guilty at all. Whenever people say working mom's kids are brought up badly, my mother used to say,"Look at all the rank lists in the papers. 99% of them have mothers who are professionals. So just shut up and get back to work" and she was not working :-)
I know it is difficult, sometimes you feel you are the worst mom in the world, but my experience has been if you let them know that you love them absolutely, no matter what, that they are the ones who matters to you the most, everything will be alright. And she will be proud of her smart mama!
So, just shut up and go to work!

Jinu George said...

Hey dear! Thank you so much for those encouraging words..A hug to you and your mom!!

A J said...

Nah , my mom used to work and I never found any problems with that. Lets kids be smart and independent( like me :P) ! And of-course, makes them proud of their mom and may be someday she will also write a comment like this somewr ;) ! Keep writing ! Good job to find time to scribble all this down dear ! Priceless !!