Monday, April 19, 2010

Missing you!!

I had to share a comment that I came across on Baby center that so aptly descibes what I am going through now:

" No matter how much you prepare for it, parenting will blow your mind.Your kids will challenge you, bring you to tears, crack you up, and make you forget what you urgently had to do. They'll shatter the life you knew into a million pieces. Then they'll put it back together, like a stained-glass window, into something infinitely more complicated and beautiful."

Isnt that amazing??

Back in office on a Monday and I am back to feeling miserable without my peanut around.

Surprise #4: You'll join an exclusive worldwide club
Suddenly strangers smile at you, and moms start conversations in the checkout line. Your boss kindly asks how the daycare search went, and your neighbor comes over for playdates. With your babe in your arms, or in the stroller, you've earned a lifetime membership in this exclusive-yet-universal club called "parents."


Surprise #9: You'll be overwhelmed by love (and other emotions)
Whether it's due to hormones, gratitude, awe, sleep deprivation, or all of the above, parenthood often gives our feelings new depth. In a BabyCenter poll, 79 percent of moms say they cry more now — either because of happiness or sadness."I'm holding my son, having some quiet time before a nap, and I realize that I'm the whole world to this little person," says Monique Macaranas, describing a teary moment. "I never knew the meaning of unconditional love until I had my son."


Surprise #10: You'll have to let go sooner than you think
With every milestone your child reaches, he or she is moving away from being dependent on you.This may hit when you first see your baby crawling across the room, your toddler dashing around the corner, your preschooler resisting your hugs, or your big kid saying "I can do it myself." And while you're proud of your child's accomplishments, you may feel a twinge of sadness.Letting go isn't always easy, but it's essential, says psychologist and mom
Leah Klungness."Parents who constantly hover and give their children the message that they can't do things on their own deprive them of the precious gift of independence," Klungness says."There's no guide but your own common sense," says Marcia Parks, the mother of grown children. "It's so tempting to keep them close and dependent, but that's really to fulfill our own needs. To release that arrow and see it fly is the ultimate act of love."

Courtesy : Baby Center - Top ten surprises of new parenthood(Rachel Sarah )
http://www.babycenter.com/0_top-ten-surprises-of-new-parenthood_3656981.bc?showAll=true

No comments: