Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Messy mom and baby!!

I have always taken pride in being a neat and clean mom who keeps my baby clean and is never spotted as a shabby mom around...Well today was one such odd day where my principles failed!!

I was WFH and I gave peanut a bath at 4. She was crying to be taken out after her bath..She screamt when I ran back into the apartment to get my walking slippers..I have never seen her so upset about being inside the four suffocating walls of an apartment. Anyhow, I was just rushing down and I never expected to see anyone..I never see anyone around normally..Its always just me and Peanut...Seeing the flowers, the leaves, the butterflies, the cars and bikes..

Well today I jump in front of another mom who was strolling with a baby almost as old as peanut.Well I seized the opportunity to bond with another mom and I got myself introduced...All of a sudden I realize that my T-shirt has two huge turmeric stains to it..(Thanks to leaning over the stove to take her bottle..There was oil on the stove counter)...I started feeling conscious and then all of a sudden Peanut starts drooling...She starts drooling and screaming like crazy..It was as though she's been released from jail..Gosh embarassing!! The other baby was shocked and just stared at peanut silently...Her dress is completely wet by now with drool...Suddenly from no where another mom appears..She looks at me from head to toe..Grrrrrr.......I just want to run away...After 5-10 minutes of talk..I head towards the lift...I look down at my T-shirt and realise how prominent the stain is..As I wait for the lift to come down, I look at my face reflected on the lift door..DAMNNNNNN.....My hair was a messs......Gosh, I blushed beetroot red and just run back home!!

Grrrr...what an embarassing day!!!Best part is I'm least interested in dressing up after peanut came...I hope I go back to normal soon..I need a new wardrobe..Nothing fits me anymore. I wish we had Garage Sales in India.. I have to check my eye power and I dont feel like doing even that!! even though there is an optical shop right outside my apartment..Effects of a baby on a mom!!

No comments: